Hockey players stay spend many hours inside hotel rooms. Here’s a few tips that I´ve learned through out the years on how to make a bed the best way.
One of the biggest, though often unnoted, benefits of staying in a hotel for guests is that the bed is already made – and it’s made perfectly. There is a refreshing feeling that comes from folding back the edge of a well-made bed, crawling in, and snuggling down to sleep. For this reason, many people want to enjoy this same experience at home. Whether you work in the hospitality industry or just want a more comfortable bedroom, there are benefits to knowing how to make a hotel bed.
The 5 Essential Steps to Making a Hotel Bed
- The mattress pad: Most hotels use mattress pads under their fitted sheets. This serves two purposes – protecting the mattress, which is an investment, and maximizing comfort. Get a good mattress pad, put it on the bed, and make sure that it is nice and smooth before going to the next step.
- The fitted sheet: No skipping attention to detail here! The fitted sheet should be tightly fitted to the mattress. Go around to each corner and make sure the elastic edges of the sheet are tucked well under the mattress – you may have to lift the corner of the mattress in order to ensure this job is done right. Make sure the sides of the sheet are tucked in as well.
- The flat sheet: The most important things to know about how put a flat sheet on a bed correctly is that the sheet should be even on all sides of the bed, tucked using the hospital corners technique, and smooth so that no wrinkles show through on the layers that are to top it.
- The blanket: For maximum comfort and versatility most hotels use both a comforter and a blanked on guest room beds. The blanket should be put on the bed in the same way that you put on the top sheet.
- The comforter: It used to be that all hotels would have the top of the comforter folded around the pillows, but that is not the case anymore. Now, just make sure the comforter is smooth and even on all sides, and then fold the top of it back, letting the pillows and sheets show.
It might take a bit of practice to learn how to make a hotel bed like a professional, but it is an achievable goals. Of course, in order to get that 5-star hotel look and feel, you will need to use high quality sheets and bedding. Anyways, here’s the best place to buy bed sheets. Check it out if you got some time over.